According to Australian Transport, the woman whose name is not yet known was traveling from Beijing to Melbourne.
It had been two hours since boarding the plane when the woman said she heard a sound that resembled an explosion, after which she immediately felt her face burning and her hair was also burned. What had happened to her? The headphones on which she was listening to music had just exploded!
Here is what the young woman confesses: “I simply put my hands on my face, which made the headphones wrap around my neck. I still felt my face and neck burn, so I grabbed my headphones and threw them on the floor. The headphones sparked and had small flames. As I got up to step on them, the flight attendants were already there with a bucket of water which they poured over the sparks, then put the headphones in a bucket and went behind the plane ”.
It seems that those headphones that had exploded were not from the plane but from the woman. In addition to the burns on her face, she also has burns on her hands, and her eyebrows and hair are burned, and the smell of burnt plastic filled the plane for the rest of the flight: “People coughed and drowned because of the smoke throughout the flight.”, she added.
The airline said devices with batteries should be turned off during the flight. It seems that the same thing has happened with mobile phones and tablets. So be careful what devices you use on the plane.